PURPOSE OF TRIP: TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE
*To start a new search, please click on the home icon button above.
PLEASE READ THE RED FLAGS SECTION BELOW CAREFULLY
VISA CATEGORY INFORMATION
This visa may be issued exclusively to qualified professionals required to perform technical assistance to a Brazilian company by virtue of a contract or agreement with a foreign company.
- VISA VALIDITY
Up to 6 months, multiple entry (simplified procedure) / Up to 1 year, multiple entry (regular procedure). All visa issuance is subject to consular discretion.
- APPOINTMENT REQUIREMENT
Please note that the Embassy of Brazil in London only accepts visa applications via an appointment system. Your visa agent will work with you to ensure this is arranged / your application is filed accordingly and in line with your travel plans. You are not required to attend the appointment, unless requested.
DRAG N' DROP (REVIEW PROCESS) / RECEIPT OF ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS:
BRAZIL TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE VISA REQUIREMENTS
Original passport. This must:
- be valid for at least six months beyond your intended entry date
- have at least two blank visa pages
Two original recent 45mm x 35mm colour photographs. These must:
- be taken within the last month
- be taken against a plain light background and printed on photographic paper
- show full frontal face, have a neutral expression and your mouth closed
- have eyes open and free from reflection or glare from glasses
- not have hair in front of face or have a head covering (unless it’s for religious or medical reasons)
DO NOT ATTACH THE PHOTOGRAPHS TO THE APPLICATION FORM
Signed, fully completed and submitted original application form. Please complete online at: https://formulario-mre.serpro.gov.br/sci/pages/web/pacomPasesWebInicial.jsf.
This type of visa requires pre-approval from the Brazilian Ministry of Labour, who, will then send the authorisation to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Therefore the application procedure is initiated in Brazil by the Brazilian sponsoring company with submission of the application and supporting documents to the Brazilian Ministry of Labour.
This process can take up to 8 weeks.
Furthermore, the application process has three different procedures at the Ministry of Labour: regular (processed in normal time frame), simplified (processed in up to 5 days) or simplified based on emergency (processed in up to 2 days). This will affect your visa validity, as outlined above.
Original signed and completed invite letter from your inviting company. Please see template attached: Brazil – Invite letter (TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE).
Alternatively, the letter must include the following information:
- Addressed to the ”The Embassy of Brazil in London”.
- Letter needs to be on inviting company headed paper
- Letter need to be signed by authorised signatory of the inviting company
- Purpose of visit / detailed information regarding the technical assistance to be provided in Brazil
- Confirmation if service is being provided via a signed contract or company agreement
- People / places and organisation to be visited, with contact numbers
- Applicant’s name and nationality
- Job title and name of employer / information regarding contracted company in the UK
- Passport number, DOB and place of birth
- Start & Expiry date of the passport
- Dates of travel to Brazil / length of stay
- Validity of visa applied for
- A guarantee to meet maintenance and accommodation expenses whilst in Brazil
- Medical insurance undertaking (if applicable)
Clear colour copy of the printed receipt of the CNPJ (Cadastro Nacional de Pessoas Juridicas) of the Brazilian company.
Original Criminal Record Certificate. It can be obtained at any police station in the UK. Alternatively, an ACRO Certificate can be accepted. Both certificates are only valid for 3 months after issuance.
Please note: If the applicant has lived in multiple countries within the last 12 months, a police check from each country must be provided. They must also be duly legalised by the respective Brazilian consular authority with jurisdiction over these countries, and translated by a sworn translator, if necessary.
Original full Birth Certificate. If British, this must be certified by the Foreign Commonwealth Office (FCO).
Please note: If the document has been issued in a country other than the United Kingdom or the British Overseas Territories and Crown Dependencies (Jersey, Guernsey, Isle of Man); it must also be duly legalised by the respective Brazilian consular authority with jurisdiction over these countries, and translated by a sworn translator, if necessary.
Valid proof of UK residence. This must be presented as your original valid UK residency visa in your passport / in the form of a valid UK Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) card.
This must be valid for at least six months beyond your intended entry date.
USA – 290
All the other countries – 100
USA nationals applying for all visas, on a reciprocity basis
Within 90 days of entry into Brazil, holders of this type of visa must register at the Federal Police and submit a copy of the visa application form provided to the Consulate.
PROCESSING TIMES / FEES
5 business days service:
Up to 1 year, multiple entry (less than 180 days)
Global visaz service fees
£160.00 excl. VAT
£100.00 incl. VAT
Up to 1 year, multiple entry (more than 180 days)
Global visaz service fees
£160.00 excl. VAT
£215.00 incl. VAT