PURPOSE OF TRIP: JOURNALIST
*To start a new search, please click on the home icon button above.
PLEASE READ THE RED FLAGS SECTION BELOW CAREFULLY
- VISA VALIDITY
Up to 3 months, multiple entry. All visa issuance is subject to consular discretion.
- APPOINTMENT REQUIREMENT
Please note that the Embassy of Brazil in London only accepts visa applications via an appointment system. Your visa agent will work with you to ensure this is arranged / your application is filed accordingly and in line with your travel plans. You are not required to attend the appointment, unless requested.
(REVIEW PROCESS) / RECEIPT OF ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS:
BRAZIL JOURNALIST VISA REQUIREMENTS
Original passport. This must:
- be valid for at least six months beyond your intended entry date
- have at least two blank visa pages
Two original recent 45mm x 35mm colour photographs. These must:
- be taken within the last month
- be taken against a plain light background and printed on photographic paper
- show full frontal face, have a neutral expression and your mouth closed
- have eyes open and free from reflection or glare from glasses
- not have hair in front of face or have a head covering (unless it’s for religious or medical reasons)
DO NOT ATTACH THE PHOTOGRAPHS TO THE APPLICATION FORM
Signed, fully completed and submitted original application form. Please complete online at: https://formulario-mre.serpro.gov.br/sci/pages/web/pacomPasesWebInicial.jsf.
Signed and completed original letter of support from your home employer. This must be signed by a member of your HR, or a member of your management team. If the latter, this person must be at least a manager grade and/or at least the same grade as yourself, and must be aware of your trip.
Please see template attached: Brazil – Business support letter. Alternatively, the letter must include the following information:
- Addressed to the ”The Embassy of Brazil in London”.
- Letter needs to be on home employer headed paper
- Letter need to be signed by authorised signatory of the home employer
- Purpose of visit
- People / places and organisation to be visited, with contact numbers
- Applicant’s name and nationality
- Start date of employment and job title
- Passport number and DOB
- Start & Expiry date of the passport
- Dates of travel to Brazil
- Validity of visa applied for
- A guarantee to meet maintenance expenses
- Medical insurance undertaking (if applicable)
Clear colour copy of valid flight booking and travel itinerary.
Clear colour copy of hotel confirmation or full contact details of host in Brazil.
Valid proof of UK residence. This must be presented as your original valid UK residency visa in your passport / in the form of a valid UK Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) card.
This must be valid for at least six months beyond your intended entry date.
USA nationals applying for all visas, on a reciprocity basis;
Bangladeshi nationals applying for a visitor visa (VIVIS);
Those applying for temporary visa – residence on the ground of family reunion (VITEM XI);
and Those applying for student and internship visas (VITEM IV)
Country Fee (£)
United States of America 160
All the other countries 80
PROCESSING TIMES / FEES
5 business days service:
Up to 3 months, multiple entry
Global visaz service fees
£160.00 excl. VAT
£80.00 incl. VAT