PURPOSE OF TRIP: FAMILY VISIT
*To start a new search, please click on the home icon button above.
PLEASE READ THE RED FLAGS SECTION BELOW CAREFULLY
- VISA VALIDITY
3 months, single entry / 6 months, multiple entry.
All visa issuance is subject to consular discretion.
Please note that he Belize High Commission in London only accepts visa applications via an appointment system. Your visa agent will work with you to ensure this is arranged / your application is filed accordingly and in line with your travel plans. You are not required to attend the appointment, unless requested.
- EMBASSY WEEKLY CLOSURE
The Belize High Commission in London is closed on Friday for all matters – this can impact collection of approved applications / processing times.
DRAG N' DROP (REVIEW PROCESS) / RECEIPT OF ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS:
FAMILY VISIT VISA REQUIREMENTS
Original passport. This must:
- be valid for at least six months beyond your intended entry date
- have at least two blank visa pages
Two original recent 2 inches x 2 inches colour photographs. These must:
- be taken within the last month
- be taken against a plain light background and printed on photographic paper
- show full frontal face, have a neutral expression and your mouth closed
- have eyes open and free from reflection or glare from glasses
- not have hair in front of face or have a head covering (unless it’s for religious or medical reasons)
DO NOT ATTACH THE PHOTOGRAPHS TO THE APPLICATION FORM
Signed and fully completed original application form. Please see attached: Belize – Visa Application Form.
1. For employees: a letter from your employer (see below)
Signed and completed original proof of employment letter from your home employer. This must be signed by a member of your HR, or a member of your management team. If the latter, this person must be at least a manager grade and/or at least the same grade as yourself, and must be aware of your trip.
Please see template attached: Afghanistan – Proof of Employment letter. Alternatively, the letter must include the following information:
- Addressed to the ”The Embassy of Afghanistan, London”
- Letter needs to be on home employer headed paper
- Letter need to be signed by authorised signatory of the home employer
- Purpose of visit
- Confirm the applicant is an employee of the company
- Applicant’s name and nationality
- Start date of employment and job title
- Passport number and DOB
- Start & Expiry date of the passport
- Dates of travel to Afghanistan and scheduled return date to work
Clear colour copy of signed and completed invite letter from your inviting party.
Family and friends must show a clear connection with the applicant and include a copy of their passport / Social Security Card.
Proof of valid travel insurance. It must:
- clearly show the applicant’s name
- be valid for travel to Belize and must cover the entire period of the applicant’s intended stay
A clear colour copy is acceptable.
Clear colour copy of valid flight booking and travel itinerary.
Clear colour copy of hotel confirmation or full contact details of host in Belize.
Clear colour copies of your last 3 months bank statements as a proof of sufficient funds. These must:
- show a positive balance / sufficient amount to cover the expenses during the intended stay in Belize and for the return to the UK
- clearly state your name, address
Valid proof of UK residence. This must be presented as your valid UK residency visa in your passport / in the form of a valid UK Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) card. A clear colour copy is acceptable.
This must be valid for at least six months beyond your intended entry date.
Travellers may be visa exempt for stay of up to 30 days in Belize provided the below is met:
- Any person who is the holder of a valid United States of America (USA) multiple entry visa OR a Permanent USA Residency Card OR a valid Schengen multiple entry visa for a European Union (EU) member state.
PROCESSING TIMES / FEES
Up to 4 weeks service:
3 months, single entry
Global visaz service fees
£160.00 excl. VAT
£75.00 incl. VAT
6 months, multiple entry
Global visaz service fees
180.00 excl. VAT
£125.00 incl. VAT