PURPOSE OF TRIP: FAMILY VISIT (SCHENGEN)
*To start a new search, please click on the home icon button above.
IMPORTANT / IN-PERSON APPLICATION
PLEASE READ THE RED FLAGS SECTION BELOW CAREFULLY
Varied validity. All visa issuance is subject to consular discretion.
Generally it is advisable to make a 6 month multiple entry visa request. Please also note that all Schengen visas allow a stay of up to 90 days in every 180 day period.
- APPOINTMENT REQUIREMENT (IN-PERSON)
Please note that the Belgium (TLScontact) Visa Application Centre only accepts visa applications via an appointment system. YOU MUST ATTEND THE APPOINTMENT IN-PERSON YOURSELF TO FILE THE APPLICATION (see also below biometric enrolment requirement).
To make an appointment, you must create a TLScontact account (https://be.tlscontact.com/gb/lon/register.php). You may also re-schedule / cancel the appointment using the same web link.
It is mandatory to complete the online visa application form prior to booking an appointment on TLScontact website, as you will be required to insert your VOW (Visa On Web) reference number.
- BIOMETRIC ENROLMENT
All Schengen visa applicants (apart from Minors under 12 years old) are required to enrol their biometric data when submitting a Schengen visa application. These biometric data will be collected using a quick, discreet and non-intrusive process that captures a facial image with a digital camera and a 10-digit fingerprint scan with a digital fingerprint scanner.
CONSULAR FEES PAYMENT
You must also make payment of the consular fees yourself (see processing times section below for full pricing structure).
All fees can be paid by debit or credit card; see below for full list of acceptable cards (American Express cards are not accepted). Cash is not accepted.
- Visa electron
When you are unable to collect in person yourself, you may designate a representative to pick up your passport on your behalf. The following documents must be provided:
- your ID copy
- your checklist (provided to you on submission)
- an authorization letter signed by you
- your representative’s original ID and a copy
Your passport can also be sent to your designated home address directly by courier service. If you would like to benefit from this optional and paid service, please make this request when you submit your application documents at the TLScontact centre. The fee for this additional service is £14.95 (see further information on this service at the following web link: https://be.tlscontact.com/gb/mnc/page.php?pid=added_value_services).
However given the sensitive nature of the documents, we advise where possible, that an in-person collection is made.
- EMBASSY INFORMATION
Belgium (TLScontact) Visa Application Centre
Exhibition House, Ground Floor
Addison Bridge Place, London
Tel: 0207 605 6744 (Monday to Friday from 8.30 to 16.30)
Opening times (via appointment only): 8:30 to 13:00 (Monday to Friday)
Passport collection time: 8:30 to 16:30 (Monday to Friday)
OTHER LOCATIONS (EDINBURGH OR MANCHESTER): https://be.tlscontact.com/gb/lon/splash.php
(REVIEW PROCESS) / RECEIPT OF ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS:
Global Visaz can assist with arranging the appointment, reviewing your documents and provide guidance on what to expect, before the scheduled date / time. This will ensure upon presentation of your documents to the visa officer at the Austria Visa Application Centre, there are no errors (which can lead to additional complications / further requests and ultimately, delays in processing). UNFORTUNATELY, GIVEN THE APPLICANT IS REQUESTED TO ATTEND IN-PERSON, SUCH APPLICATIONS ARE SUBJECT TO HIGHER SCRUTINY THEREFORE WE HIGHLY ADVISE TO USE THE GLOBAL VISAZ REVIEW ONLY SERVICE.
BELGIUM FAMILY VISIT (SCHENGEN) VISA REQUIREMENTS
Original passport. This must:
- be valid for more than 3 months beyond the validity of the requested visa
- be signed and issued less than 10 years ago
- have at least two blank visa pages
Clear colour photocopy of passport (bio/photo page only).
Two original recent 45mm x 35mm colour photographs. These must:
- be taken within the last month
- be taken against a plain light background and printed on photographic paper
- show full frontal face, have a neutral expression and your mouth closed
- have eyes open and free from reflection or glare from glasses
- not have hair in front of face or have a head covering (unless it’s for religious or medical reasons)
DO NOT ATTACH THE PHOTOGRAPHS TO THE APPLICATION FORM
Signed, fully completed and submitted original VisaOnWeb application form. Please complete online at: https://visaonweb.diplomatie.be/en.
1. For employees: a letter from your employer (see below)
Signed and completed original proof of employment letter from your home employer. This must be signed by a member of your HR, or a member of your management team. If the latter, this person must be at least a manager grade and/or at least the same grade as yourself, and must be aware of your trip.
Please see template attached: Afghanistan – Proof of Employment letter. Alternatively, the letter must include the following information:
- Addressed to the ”The Embassy of Afghanistan, London”
- Letter needs to be on home employer headed paper
- Letter need to be signed by authorised signatory of the home employer
- Purpose of visit
- Confirm the applicant is an employee of the company
- Applicant’s name and nationality
- Start date of employment and job title
- Passport number and DOB
- Start & Expiry date of the passport
- Dates of travel to Afghanistan and scheduled return date to work
3. For independents: a letter from your account.
Signed and completed original invitation from the host in Belgium. Please use the following template: Belgium – Invite letter.
This must be completed by host in Belgium along with a copy of his/her Belgian ID card or residence permit.
Proof of valid travel insurance. It must:
- cover any costs of repatriation for medical reasons, emergency medical care and/or emergency hospital care or death during your stay in the Schengen territory.
- be valid for the whole of the Schengen territory and the whole of the stay.
- have a minimum cover is 30,000 EUR (EHIC cards are not accepted as proof of valid travel health insurance).
A clear colour copy is acceptable.
Clear colour copy of confirmed travel itinerary: mentioning applicant’s name and travel dates.
Clear colour copy of confirmed accommodation (hotel, hostel, camping, etc) booking mentioning applicant’s name, travel dates and accommodation address details.
In the case of accommodation with a private individual, an invitation from the person hosting you.
Proof of sufficient funds in the form of the below. Clear colour copies are accepted.
- Three most recent months’ bank statements (including name and address). These must show a positive balance / sufficient amount to cover the expenses during the intended stay in the Schengen Area and for the return to the UK. Bank statements which are downloaded from the internet should be stamped/certified by the bank.
- Three most recent payslips.
- Copy of credit card with most recent credit card statement.
- Travellers’ cheques for an equivalent of €95 per day of stay.
If you have a Guarantor in Belgium. See below:
– A letter of guarantee (in the prescribed form “Annexe 3bis”). See attached:
– Copy of the guarantor’s 3 most recent salary sheets
– A photocopy of the identity card or residence permit of the guarantor
– Certificate of family composition of the guarantor, issued by his/her municipality in Belgium
Valid proof of UK residence. This must be presented as your valid UK residency visa in your passport / in the form of a valid UK Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) card. A clear colour copy is acceptable.
This must be valid for at least 3 months beyond the return date of the trip to the Schengen Area.
PROCESSING TIMES / FEES
All consular fees are non-refundable once the application has been submitted.
Please click here to see our pricing structure for cancelled cases. Furthermore, the below quoted Global visaz service fees are for REVIEW ONLY.
15 business days service:
Global visaz service fees
£80.00 excl. VAT
60.00 EUR + £26.58 incl. VAT*
*this fee includes the EUR Belgium Embassy fee (GBP amount confirmed at time of submission / payment) and the GBP TLScontact service fee.
PROCESSING TIMES / FEES
All consular fees are non-refundable once the application has been submitted. Please click here to see our pricing structure for cancelled cases.
Furthermore, the below quoted Global visaz service fees are for REVIEW ONLY.
10 business days service:
Global visaz service fees:
£70.00 excl. VAT
£76.55 incl. VAT